“Your company has seen important internal projects go off track during execution. After-the-fact analysis has revealed the common factors of inadequate controls and unremarkable but unexpected problems. Senior management now believes that developing and implementing a set of standard control processes, integrated with both planning and execution, will raise success rates.
In a 2-3 page training document, complete the following:
– Create training materials for the project office.
– Indicate what controlling measures should be taken at each phase of a project.
– Provide a survey of important numerical/statistical forecasting techniques.
– Outline limitations and pitfalls of the numerical/statistical forecasting techniques.
– Choose one technique from each of the major forecasting categories numerical/statistical and discuss in detail.”