“Topic: (choose one topic)
1. How volcanoes affect the climate of neighboring settlements.
2. Melting of glaciers and the consequences.
3. Composition and structure of the atmosphere in industrial cities.
· APA Style
· Length: 8 Pages
· Typed using 1” Margins; Double-spaced; 12 point font.
· Include: Your Name; Course Name; Instructor’s Name; Title; and Date.
· Footnotes: Required
· Works Cited: Required
· Use at least three (3) outside sources (books, articles, commentaries).
Introduce your topic and clearly make a strong thesis statement, which is what you plan to prove or explain in your essay.
· Thesis statement forms the basis of the essay
· Decide on a few key ideas that express your thesis statement
· Each of these key ideas can become their own paragraphs
· Develop your ideas in each paragraph by using examples, giving details, and using quotes
· The use of the first person “I” is not appropriate for a research essay.
Body of the Paper:
· Present your ideas in a logical way with references to texts.
· Reiteration of your thesis statement and summary of your arguments or points.